- Charles Max Wood
- Alyssa Nicoll
- Joe Eames
Special Guests: Shmuela Jacobs
In this episode of Adventures in Angular, the panel talks to Shmuela Jacobs about ngGirls. Shmuela founded ngGirls, which is an organization where they try to increase diversity in tech, and it is mainly focused towards Angular. This is because she loves Angular and feels that it is a good platform to start with because of its simplicity. They talk about how she came up with the idea for ngGirls, how the company works, and stress the incredibly helpful nature of the Angular community.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Shmuela intro
- Angular and ngGirls
- The Angular community
- How the workshop works
- Free workshop run by volunteers
- Going to be at Google I/O
- How did you come up with ngGirls?
- Django girls
- Women Who Code
- Great experience with Django girls
- Wanted a company geared towards Angular
- The tutorial was written by the community
- How much people in the Angular community want to help
- Angular JS
- Still so much to learn in Angular
- People taking over
- Workshops happen all over the world
- The company allows for other people to organize the workshops themselves
- Is ngGirls growing beyond you?
- Plans to start more with helping to guide others as the company grows
- Creating more activities for more experienced women or different ages
- And much, much more!
- Role Playing Games
- ngConf YouTube
- Super Powered, Server Rendered Progressive Native Apps - Nathan Walker & Jeff Whelpley
- Schematics: Generating custom Angular Code with the CLI by Manfred Steyer