Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Merrick Christensen
This week on My Angular Story, Charles speaks with Merrick Christensen. Christensen works at a company called Webflow, where they try to empower people to create software without code. The company is similar to Squarespace or Wix, except they give 100% design control to the client.
Christensen talks about his journey into programming, starting by creating websites for his childhood band. He moved on from Microsoft to Dreamweaver, and his Dad got him started with some freelance jobs to create websites for people, which really sparked his interest. Christensen discusses his path to where he is as a programmer today.
In particular, We dive pretty deep on:
- How did you get into programming?
- Infogenix job
- Red Olive job using Flash
- Discovered Moo Tools
- Steve Jobs says no Flash on iPhone
- Why Moo Tools and not jQuery?
- How did you get into Angular?
- Angular was trendy at the time and was easier to use
- New code base with React
- Programming as an art form
- Working a remote job
- Framework Summit
- Angular, React, View, and Backbone
- And much, much more!