When Perl.com went down, its owner and others had no idea that the domain had been stolen months earlier and later resold. Brian D. Foy stepped in to run down leads and contact people on behalf of the folks who owned the website to find out what happened.
He walks us through the process of finding out what happened, getting the domain back, and what you can do in order to keep it from happening to you and how to make it easy to recover when things do go wrong.
- Caleb Fornari
- Charles Max Wood
- Jeffrey Groman
- Brian D. Foy
- The Hijacking of Perl.com
- brian d foy
- brian d foy | O'REILLY
- Creating Great Programmers with a Software Design Studio – John Ousterhout (Stanford)
- A Philosophy of Software Design | John Ousterhout | Talks at Google
- Can Great Programmers Be Taught? – John Ousterhout – at #SoftGeeks
- Perl School Publishing
- GitHub: brian d foy ( briandfoy )
- Twitter: brian d foy ( @briandfoy_perl )