- Charles Max Wood
- Mark Erikson
- Eric Berry
Special Guests: Bobby Juncosa
In this episode of Elixir Mix, the panel talks to Bobby Juncosa about his article “Choosing Elixir.” Bobby is the CTO and co-founder of Edgewise, which is a new construction marketplace where builders can sell directly to buyers without the need of agents. They talk about how he got into using Nuxt.js, Elixir, and GraphQL, why Nuxt resonated so much with him, and how everything connects in his app. They also touch on dealing with web sockets, and the benefits to using them, where someone can go to figure out what he is doing, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Bobby intro
- CTO and co-founder of Edgewise
- Technology can do the job of agents
- Using Elixir for a GraphQL API
- Using Nuxt.js on the front-end
- Why did you decide to use Nuxt on top of GraphQL?
- How did you get the conclusion of using Elixir, GraphQL, and Nuxt?
- Built originally in Drupal and PHP
- Symfony and Laravel
- Needed something more scalable
- Vue on the front-end and PHP on the back-end
- Resonated with GraphQL
- Moving to docker containers
- The decision to move to Nuxt
- Nuxt can stay on top of the boilerplate things for you
- Promise of performance and productivity
- Phoenix and Absinthe
- How does everything connect?
- Nuxt has a server component
- Do you deal with web sockets?
- Sockets and GraphQL
- Where can someone go to learn how to do all this?
- And much, much more!
- “Choosing Elixir”
- Bobby’s GitHub
- Bobby’s Medium
- Being able to meet with people in real life