- Sentry use the code "devchat" for 2 months free on Sentry small plan
- TripleByte offers a $1000 signing bonus
- Mark Ericksen
- Josh Adams
Joined by Special Guest: Anders Smedegaard Pedersen
Anders Smedegaard Pedersen shares how he got into Elixir and his experience joining the elixir community. He shares with the panel his initial frustration with the community and his confusion on the “correct” way to do things. He tells the panel of his experience at elixir conf meeting Claudio Ortolina, the advice he got, and how this led him to his first nerves project. Mark Ericksen and Josh Adams give advice to new elixir developers. The three of them compare umbrella structure and poncho structure.
- ElixirConf 2018- My first Nerves Project Bioreactor – David Schainker
- Set a larger goal (like 30-day goal) and do something every day to move you toward that goal. Even if only 10 minutes. Keep your momentum.
Anders Smedegaard Pedersen
- Search Inside Yourself: The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness (and World Peace)
- Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir