- Sentry use the code “devchat” for $100 credit
In this episode, the panelists, Josh Adams, Mark Erickson and guest Zachary Kessin, author of the book “Building Web Applications with Erlang”, discuss types in Erlang and Elixir. Expert inputs with examples of implemented projects that use the Erlang and Elixir data types, were discussed.
Here are the highlights of the discussion:
- Different data types in Erlang and Elixir such as structs, tuples.
- Differences in the Erlang/Elixir data types to other languages.
- Using data types to generate error messages
- Decoding and validating input data into functions.
- Getting type information from a running application.
- Coding patterns and rules engine in Erlang/Elixir.
- Dialyzer testing tool that validates code and catches any bugs.
- Changes in Erlang and Elixir code over the years
- Elixir ecosystem and the Beam Community
- Programming Languages on the BEAM
- A reactive game stack: Using Erlang, Lua and Voltdb
- Robert Virding
- Zachary Kessin
- BEAM Channel – Erlang & Elixir