EMx 047: Property Based Testing with PropEr and Fred Hebert
- Sentry use the code “devchat” for 2 months free on Sentry small plan
- Triplebyteoffers a $1000 signing bonus
- .TECH – Go.tech/Elixir and use the coupon code “ ELIXIR.TECH ” and get a 1 year .TECH Domain at $9.99 and 5 Year Domain at $49.99. Hurry!
- Mark Ericksen Joined by Special Guest: Fred Hebert
Fred Hebert shares his experience writing “Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!: A Beginner's Guide” and “Stuff Goes Bad: Erlang in Anger”. He talks about why he wrote these books and explains the whimsical illustrations in “Learn you some Erlang”. Mark Ericksen asks Fred about his latest book “Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir: Find Bugs Before Your Users Do”. Fred gives an overview of property-based testing, explaining what it is, why it is important and sharing tips for getting started in property-based testing. Mark and Fred discuss PropEr and Fred’s inclusion of Elixir in this book. The ecosystems of Erlang and Elixir are explored and Fred shares what he would like to see from the Elixir community as an Erlang developer. They end the episode by discussing Fred’s time at Heroku and Fred’s current interests.
- https://www.hillelwayne.com/post/metamorphic-testing/ Mark Ericksen