233 FS Meddling Clients
- The Indecisive Carpenter
- You be the expert. 4:15: Communication
- Set goals for the project with the client.
- Don’t ask the customer’s opinion. 9:15: Staff augmentation
- Behaving as an employee
- Become a consultant or advisor instead. 16:20: Consultant vs. employee
- Ron Baker
- Expertise translates into advice. 21:30: Client wants to be involved more.
- Run any request past the business case.
- Keep the project on course. 30:00: Target businesses without your capabilities in-house.
- Do more than just your craft.
- Ask the right questions.
- Establish yourself as an expert. 39:40: Maximize your profit.
- Not just revenue.
- Don’t give away your knowledge for free.
- Value is contextually defined. 45:45: What to say to clients.
- Find out the business goal.
- Communicate about progress.
- Ask for more information about customers.