- The Indecisive Carpenter
- You be the expert.
- Set goals for the project with the client.
- Don’t ask the customer’s opinion.
9:15: Staff augmentation
- Behaving as an employee
- Become a consultant or advisor instead.
16:20: Consultant vs. employee
- Ron Baker
- Expertise translates into advice.
21:30: Client wants to be involved more.
- Run any request past the business case.
- Keep the project on course.
30:00: Target businesses without your capabilities in-house.
- Do more than just your craft.
- Ask the right questions.
- Establish yourself as an expert.
39:40: Maximize your profit.
- Not just revenue.
- Don’t give away your knowledge for free.
- Value is contextually defined.
45:45: What to say to clients.
- Find out the business goal.
- Communicate about progress.
- Ask for more information about customers.
Mike Monteiro Keynote (Jonathan)
Shard Keychain Tool (Jonathan)
Design Is a Job (Philip)
Start With No (Philip)