In this episode of the Freelancer’s Show, Johnathan and Phillip discuss aging as a freelancer. The topics cover the meager beginnings of a freelancer’s life to the advance contractor's success. Phillip and Johnathan talk about things concerning personal energy levels in a brick and mortar job vs. freelancing, insurances, repetition of the job, staying interested in your job, and networking, and the highs and low expectation of contracting throughout a freelancing career.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Aging as you work for yourself
- Multiple forms of insurance
- Stability in your career
- Growing in your career
- Living out of a car or small spaces
- Expectation of freelancing
- Boredom on the job
- Finding yourself doing the same thing as your younger peers
- Making a difference in the world
- Having to learn new platforms to keep your career exciting
- Laborious feelings about specialization
- Doing vertical moves, or lateral moves
- Motivation and expertise to advise
- And much more!