In this episode of the Freelancer’s Show, Reuven and Phillip discuss designing a product ladder. The panel discusses the importance of offering a suite of products with a defined path from low tier to a high tier value. Furthermore, services and or a blend of products and services is also apart of the tier offerings.
Phillip and Reuven talk about specific strategies for how product ladders are implemented. Perhaps a freemium product that entices one into the bigger valued product. This is a great episode for freelancers to understand how to formulate a product line for your freelancing business.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Offering lower and higher tier products
- A blend of service and products
- The Brain Audit
- Comparison of Apple products and purchases to top tier products
- Buying into Apple products with iTunes on Windows
- Functions of a product ladder
- What is your product ladder?
- Advance, Intermediate, and Basic Users
- Increasing expertise
- Basic level product to companion level products
- How do you learn best? Question to ask your audience.
- What would a 5 grader understand?
- Ask which level of expertise your audience needs to help them up the ladder
- Allen Weiss books and webinars
- And much more!