In this episode of the Freelancer’s Show, Kai, Reuven, and Jonathan discuss, getting started in training. The panelist talk about how to outline training, in addition to your freelancing career, to add another modality in your business and provide more value. This is a great episode to understand what areas and packages you can provide, how to build a syllabus for training, intro to advance courses, students, teaching to a student and paying clients, and how to get the first paying client, and much more.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Who is training and why?
- Specialization and providing more value
- Your superpower - how would you change their business
- Dev shop versus Training shop
- Training is better
- Packages for training
- Providing Intro to advance courses
- Students and learning along with them
- How to I determine what the courses
- Teaching - get experience doing it first before getting clients
- Pedagogical content knowledge
- Getting paying clients
- Getting better and better at training
- Third party help
- Speaking with training managers and at conferences
- Books and promotional products on amazon.com
- Positioning as a trainer
- Who do I reach out to?
- And much more!