- Reuven Lerner
- Jonathan Stark
In this episode of the Freelancer’s Show, Reuven and Jonathan discuss “Free Advice.” Reuven mentions the importance of how to handle free advice. Jonathan and Reuven talk about their experience with providing consultation to business owners or developers who need direction. When do you provide advice? How do you get compensated for your wisdom and expertise? How do you do this professionally and make a profit from your insight? This is a great episode to learn when and how to provide your expertise with a price tag.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Jonathan and Reuven do some housekeeping on the upcoming Episode 300!
- Email email@example.com about topics of Episode 300
- Reuven tells his story on advice.
- Being a mercenary or profiter
- Giving rules of thumb and web base advice, or best practice
- Profit building advice
- It depends? It is advice quick or will it take long to explain
- Providing advice on low risk verses high risk
- Being asked in person, email, or over the web
- Sending people to a blog or a resource to help them
- Free options, communities forums, websites, etc
- Privatise Consulting
- Blair Enns – The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
- Pitch Deck
- Opposite of sounding desperate
- Dealing with discount prices
- Payment plans options
- And much more!