- Reuven Lerner
In this episode of the Freelancers’ Show, the Reuven discusses what to do when people call you and ask you if you can train them. He talks about the steps you need to take when someone calls you as well as gives tips on how to be successful in it. This is a great episode for people looking to understand the process behind a successful training career.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Consulting since 1995
- Training for Python
- He loves teaching people
- How to get training clients
- Easy to become known as an authority for training
- Once your known, people will remember you
- They want to find out about you and you want to find out about them
- Find out what they’re interested in learning first
- What are their background and experience level?
- You want to have a menu of options for people
- Less content and more exercises
- What versions of software are they using?
- Semi-negotiation over content
- Show them you care and you are listening to them
- Half days for training or horrible
- Scheduling problems
- How to schedule
- And much, much more!