FS 292: Pros and Cons of Building a SaaS
- Jonathan Stark
- Jeremy Green
In this episode of the Freelancer’s Show, Reuven and Jonathan discuss “Pros and Cons of Building a SaaS,” with Jeremey Green. Jeremy is going to be a part panelist and guest on this edition of the Freelancer’s Show. Jeremy is a past guest of the podcast, and is a software developer, independent operator, works with clients and companies, and lastly, has worked with SaaS (Software as a Service) projects for many years. Jeremy and the panelist talk about the pro and cons of working in the SaaS industry. This is a great episode to learn about freelancing in the SaaS industry, and the business perspective of working with SaaS.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Jeremy talks about his background as a developer and SAAS developer.
- Reuven asks Why SaaS, and Why not SaaS. (Software as a Service)
- Woking in SaaS
- Working with other technologies to build software
- Launching to customers
- Software Freelancers
- Building a SaaS is seductive, but?
- Having a conversation with actual clients before jumping in
- How is Shopify a SaaS?
- Crowd Funder
- Do you categorize apps differently?
- Upside of the Shopify platform
- Standalone SaaS
- How much time do you spend on these project per week?
- How many hour to each project per week?
- Customer support
- Bug reports
- Do you talk people more now or before you did SaaS products?
- And much more!