- Reuven Lerner
- Jonathan Stark
- Jeremy Green
Special Guest: Erik Dietrich
In this episode of the Freelancer’s Show, the panelist and guest Eric Dietrich discuss “Future of Labor.” Erik is a software developer, was an executive a software company, but turn to consulting for a number of years. Currently, Erik runs a digital content marketing agency and still does consulting. Erik is the author of a number of developer-related books, including Developer Hegemony: The Future of Labor, which is the basis of today’s episode topic.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Demands for software
- Labor vs. Knowledge work
- Software architects to Developer
- Law firm agency, apprenticeship
- Leaving big companies
- Giving up on staffing IT, etc.
- History of corporation
- Just sitting in your basement and code…
- Business skills - Being an entrepreneur, not an employee
- What should a developer do to take advantage of this?
- Start to understand the fundamentals of a business
- Maintenance work vs. designing the future
- UpWork - and commodity labor
- Transferable skills
- Trends for Freelancers
- Becoming business savvy, entrepreneurial
- And much more!
Jeremy Green Increase Your Consulting Fees