- Reuven Lerner
- Jeremy Green
- Erik Dietrich
In this episode of the Freelancers’ Show, the panelists discuss making a good impression with your clients. They talk about what you can do to make a good first impression, and a continuing impression, on your clients. They also touch on how to get the best exposure on the internet, what content you can put on your website to boost your first impression, where else you can promote a good first impression, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- A lot of questions online about what you can do to get people to notice you
- Where you should and should not put your effort
- In many cases, potential clients don’t look at your website
- Your website isn’t make or break
- Unless you show your website to people, no one will be going there
- Having a website vs a blog
- How to get exposure on the internet
- Hooking blog up to aggregation engines
- Getting the content out on your website is the most important step
- Make sure your content is aimed at your customers, not your peers
- Why people are contacting you
- Giving people weekly reminders
- When you get clients from referrals, how do you hit it off with them?
- Point people to your site
- Having a syllabus on your website
- Pointing to a portfolio
- Using testimonials from past bosses, clients, or peers
- Where else, other than your website, can you promote yourself?
- Building business off your open source contributions
- Walking the “line”
- Building a strong image of yourself
- And much, much more!