FS 306: Vacations
- Reuven Lerner
- Jeremy Green
In this episode of the Freelancers’ Show, the panelists discuss vacations. They talk about the importance of taking time off for yourself, the fact that your business won’t fall apart if you take a few days off, and the unhealthy cultural baggage that makes people feel as if they can’t take a vacation. They also touch on the fact that it’s okay not to squeeze out every cent you can out of your business if that means you can live a happier life, how to set boundaries with your clients when you go on vacation, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Not taking vacations because you feel guilty/fear of failure
- Take vacations and enjoy them!
- Deep misunderstandings on the idea of too much work and no play
- The need to recharge
- Harder to not take vacations when you have a family
- Actually taking a vacation when you go on vacation
- Stress with dealing with clients while on vacation
- Your business won’t collapse if you step away for a few days
- Hustle culture
- Unhealthy cultural baggage
- College started these bad habits
- It’s okay not to make 100% of the money you could if you stayed up till 2 every night
- It’s better to make less and have a better life
- Forcing yourself to stay in work mode
- Working mothers
- Getting more sleep makes your more efficient
- Encourage yourself to stay on topic at work and you will have more free time for yourself
- How do you tell your clients you won’t be available?
- Boundary setting
- Prepare your clients before you leave
- And much, much more!