In today's episode, the iPhreaks discuss the firmware leak of the HomePod, and how this may tell us about what Apple is planning for the future. Gui and Erica speak about what the accidental leak of firmware tells us about new device features on the horizon. Gui talks about the new iPhone (8) or iPhone X, based on studying the firmware information.
The discussion dives into the technical build of the firmware, and the possible issues that may affect the daily use of the biometrical authentication technology. Finally, Gui talks about the differences between the old and new firmware, that further solidify that new technology is coming.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- How do you go about finding out about new features by looking at a piece of firmware?
- How to understand the face recognition firmware
- Is the new identification system going to be the alternative to touch ID or is it going to supplement touch ID?
- Will this tie into the payment system?
- Giving authentication to 3rd parties for payments
- How does this biometric technology handle identical twins, hats, glasses, weight loss, etc
- Framework lists from the old and new
- USB file
- Code names vs. Marketing names
- New apps or features in applications
- Harder leaks vs. Softer leaks
- And much more on the framework
Guilherme Rambo on Twitter: @_inside
Steve T-S on Twitter: @stroughtonsmith
Jonathan Levin on Twitter: @Morpheus
Filipe Espósito on Twitter: @filipekids
The Founder - (2016) - Netflix
Cars that work