iPS 218: App Launch Map with Aleen Simms
- Published on:
- November 9, 2017
In today's episode, the iPhreaks discuss app launch map with Aleen Simms. Aleen has been working in a variety of tech industry roles for nearly a decade. Currently, she is the proprietress of App Launch Map, which helps iOS and Mac developers with the non-code side of launching or updating an app. She also organizes App Camp for Girls Phoenix, where she helps girls, transgender, and gender non-conforming kids learn about the joys (and sometimes misadventures) of iOS app development.
A podcaster herself, you can find Aleen on her own show, Originality, where she and her cohost try to get to the roots of creative genius. You can also find her on The Incomparable from time to time.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- App Launch Map Intro
- How has the App Store changed over the past few years?
- New features on the app store
- Agile Bits
- How did you develop App Launch Map?
- What can developers do to improve their app store presence?
- What are differences between launching large apps and smaller devs?
- How is the Mac App Store different than the iOS App Store?
- How you handle clients Contracting
- Being a woman in tech
- App Camp For Girls, IndieGoGo
- Fundraising to add new cities
- Apple TV 4K and HDR Devices
- Hacking With Swift Awards https://www.hackingwithswift.com/awards
- Stranger Things on Netflix +2
- The Good Place