In today's episode, the iPhreak panel speaks with Stephen about how Swift could benefit from higher level types like in Haskel, Reactive programming and testing in the Kickstarter app.
Stephen is a software engineer living in Brooklyn, New York. He previously helped build and open source the Kickstarter mobile apps. He's a co-founder of Point-Free , a consultancy and upcoming educational video series on functional programming and Swift.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Open Source
- Language Renaissance
- Higher Types
- Maps & Arrays
- Functional & Reactive Programming
- Swift as a gateway to functional programming
- Future features in Swift?
- What can you do with higher level types?
- How has application development evolved
- Declarative State is back! Programming by contract
- Testing timecode
- Unit Testing
- Examples of testing code from Kickstarter app
- Point Free https://www.pointfree.co/
- Anti-pick High Sierra missing Network Diagnostics App