iPS 225: Concurrency with Paulo Faria
- Published on:
- December 30, 2017
In today's episode, iPhreaks speaks with Paulo Faria. Paulo is based in Brazil and has been developing for the OSX platform since 2012. Also, Paulo mentions focusing on server side development and working in iOS and Android development. Paulo is the creator of Zewo and one of the first to work with server-side Swift. Paulo is on iPheaks to talks about Concurrency. Paul believes that concurrency is the missing feature to make it a true and mature ecosystem for server-side on Swift.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Zewo (http://zewo.io)
- Grand Central Dispatch
- Is Swift following or leading?
- Defer statements
- Current state of concurrency in Swift
- Swift forums
- What's going on in concurrency in Swift right now
- Incremental programming
- Chris Eidhof's Incremental Programming
- Seven Concurrency Models in Seven Weeks
- Mike Ash
- and much more!