Special Guest: Junior Bontognali, Marin Todorov, Scott Garner, and Florent Pillet
In today's episode, the iPheaks panel discuss RxSwift with the four authors of the book RxSwift Reactive Programming with Swift. The co-authors are Junior Bontognali, Marin Todorov, Scott Garner, and Florent Pillet. The four authors are developers in their own respective jobs and companies who are experts in Swift and iOS platform. The discussion covers the specifics of RxSwift and Reactive Programming.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- What is RX Swift?
- Web applications
- Asynchronous code
- Advantages of Swift
- Data is always in sync
- What are typical events?
- Coming from traditional Obj. C development, what is different?
- Reactive Cocoa vs Swift
- Concepts, languages
- Standardized terms
- How does RxSwift merge with Swift?
- Schedulers? GCD?
- How do you integrate RxSwift with Table View?
- Integrating RxSwift with UIKit
- Drawing patterns
- Do you think Apple will adopt some of this uniform design?
- Marzipan with RxSwift
- Coco for the Mac
- What are the first step to learning RxSwift? What do you want to accomplish?
- RxSwift Slack Group
- and much more!
- External Build Systems in Xcode