Special Guest: Joe Rhodes
In today’s episode, the iPhreaks panel, Jaim and Andrew talk to Joe Rhodes, a developer in Atlanta who is currently working on an app called Kite Compositor. This app is an animation and motion design app for Mac that came out in about March 2017. He left the corporate world to pursue his dream to be an app creator, and has never looked back since. This episode contains a great conversation about the process that goes through the mind of a developer when they are creating their respective apps.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Kite Compositor
- How did you come up with the idea to create the app?
- Adobe After Effects
- Why use Kite Compositor?
- What makes Kite Compositor better?
- Graphics underpinnings
- How can designers or developers use this app?
- Is creating this app a full-time job?
- Did you do validation?
- He created an app that he would want to use
- Computer science in college
- Launching the app
- How did you do source code generation?
- Swift or Objective-c?
- Does Xcode handle projects with both languages better than it did?
- What learning materials are there?
- And much, much more!