- Jaim Zuber
- Erica Sadun
- Gui Rambo
Special Guest: Fernando Bunn
In today’s episode, the iPhreaks panel talk to Fernando Bunn about different storage option for the iPhone, such as Core Data. Fernando has worked with mobile as a hobby since 2006 when apps were developed in J2ME and started to develop apps since the first day the iOS SDK was released in 2008. He is also passionate about using technology to improve people’s lives. This episode is great for those wanting to know more about iPhone storage and Core Data in general.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Intro about Fernando
- C and C++ developer at first
- Core Data
- Is core data still relevant?
- What are alternatives to Core Data?
- Realm, FMDB
- Encourages people to stay with Apple’s framework of personal
- What is the cutoff point at which you move into Core Data?
- The Core Data curve
- What happens to Core Data at scale?
- Why not just use SQL?
- Swift debugging problems
- Would Swift change your opinion of CoreData?
- Performance problems with Realm
- What about the Cloud?
- And much, much more!