iPS 237: GraphQL with Derrick Hathaway
- Erica Sadun
- Andrew Madsen
Special Guest: Derrick Hathaway
In today's episode, the iPheaks panel, Erica, and Andrew speak with Derrick Hathaway about GraphQL. Derick is a mobile app developer and works at LifeOMic. Derrick is on The Freelance Show to discuss exactly what GraphQL is about. This is a great episode to understand the structure of GraphQL on the client and server side, and many other facets and features.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- What is GraphQL, why are you using it.
- How does GraphQL differ from REST?
- Where does this live?
- The server component of GraphQL
- What do you use to use GraphQL?
- GraphQL requests under the hood
- Where is the state of the technology?
- How to get started?
- GraphiQL - https://developer.github.com/v4/explorer/
- Query validation at compile time
- And much, much more!
- Twitter handle - @ derrh