- Jaim Zuber
- Gui Rambo
In today’s episode, the iPhreaks panel talks to Parveen Kaler about iOS architecture at scale. Parveen has been doing mobile development, specifically iOS development, for almost 10 years now, and he previously used to work in the video games industry. They talk about the difference between scale when it comes to dollars and revenue, the pull request process, and what good architecture at scale is. They also touch on creating uniform views, object mappers, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Parveen Intro
- Used to work with PSP video game development
- iOS Architecture At Scale - types of scale
- His talk at AltConf
- Is there a difference scale w/ dollars and scale /w customers?
- What are major differences from coming from a large company?
- Do you run into issues with many customers?
- Pull Requests and Release Train
- Release Manager
- What is good architecture at scale?
- Definition of good architecture
- Three things lead to good architecture
- What are coding style differences?
- You want to unify models
- Unification really matters
- How do you create uniform views?
- How do you work when code you want to change is handled by another team?
- Unified router framework
- Object Mapper
- How do you combat long compile times?
- Does Xcode improve compile times?
- Does Swift provide advantages vs Objective-C?
- AB Testing at Scale?
- And much, much more!
- Iron Maiden Pinball
- US Passport