Charles Max Wood
In this episode, Charles is at Microsoft Connect 2017 in NYC. Charles speaks with Chris Dias and PJ Meyer about Visual Studio Code and Live Sharing. Chris and PJ explain more on their demo at Microsoft Connect on Live Collaborative Editing and Debugging. Learn more about the new features with Visual Studio Code and the efficient workflows with screen sharing, and much more.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Demo of Live Collaborative Editing and Debugging explained
- New Features with VS Code
- Developer productive
- Debugging pain points
- Getting feedback
- New in VS Code
- Language support and Java Debugger
- Live Share
- Debugging from different machines and platforms
- Multi-Stage Docker File
- TypeScript compiler
- More on debugging with Cosmos db
- Debugging in the Cloud?
- Docker Extensions
- Data Bricks
- Updated python tools
- Coming up with Visual Studio Code in the next 6 months
- TypeScript and Refactoring
- Getting the word out about code – Word of mouth?
- Number of people using VS Code?
- Envision for what VS Code is becoming?
- Preparing for a keynote and processes?
- And much more!
- Coupon Pass for tourist in NYC