JSJ 310: Thwarting Insider Threats with Greg Kushto
- Charles Max Wood
- Cory House
- AJ O’Neal
- Aimee Knight
Special Guests: Greg Kushto
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Greg intro
- Insider threats are a passion of his
- Most computer attacks come from the inside of the company
- Insider threats have changed over time
- What does the term “insider threats” include?
- Using data in an irresponsible manner
- Who’s fault is it?
- Blame the company or blame the employee?
- Need to understand that insider threats don’t always happen on purpose
- How to prevent insider threats
- Very broad term
- Are there some general principles to implement?
- Figure out what exactly you are doing and documenting it
- Documentations doesn’t have to be a punishment
- Know what data you have and what you need to do to protect it
- How easy it is to get hacked
- Practical things to keep people from clicking on curious links
- The need to change the game
- Fighting insider threats isn’t fun, but it is necessary
- And much, much more!
- Plural Sight
- Elixir podcast coming soon
- NG conf
- Microsoft Build
- VS code sync plugin
- Awesome Proposals GitHub
- Fluffy Pancakes
- The Mind and the Brain by Jeffrey M. Schwartz