- AJ ONeal
- Aimee Knight
- Joe Eames
Special Guests: Kyle Simpson
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- You Don’t Know JS
- From the same spirit as first books
- Documents journey of learning
- What does Functional Programming mean?
- Functional programming is being re-awoken
- Many different definitions
- History of functional programming
- Programming with functions
- What is a function?
- “A collection of operations of doing some task” is what people think functions are
- What a function really is
- Map inputs to outputs
- What is a side-effect?
- Side-effects should be intentional and explicit
- The heart of functional programming
- Can’t write a functional program from scratch
- What functional programming focuses on
- Making more readable and reliable code
- Pulling a time-stamp
- Defining a side-effect
- And much, much more!
- Barking Up the Wrong Tree by Eric Barker
- Workshops in general