- Charles Max Wood
- Joe Eames
- Aimee Knight
Special Guests: Kent Beck
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Kent intro/update
- Ruby Rogues Episode 23
- Worked at Facebook for 7 years
- What were you doing at Facebook?
- Unique culture at Facebook
- His strengths as a developer didn’t match with the organization’s
- Coaching developers
- TDD and Patterns
- Advantages as an old engineer
- What did coaching engagement consist of?
- Takes time to build trust
- Discharging shame
- Need permission to take care of what you need to
- Being at your best so you can do your best work
- Vacation in place
- What have you learned in your time working with people?
- The nice thing about coaching
- Everyone is different
- How do we create a healthy environment within the workplace?
- Mentor in Ward Cunningham
- What is it costing us?
- Why did you decide to leave?
- And much, much more!
- The Field Guide to Understanding 'Human Error' by Sidney Dekker
- Conspiracy: Peter Thiel, Hulk Hogan, Gawker, and the Anatomy of Intrigue by Ryan Holiday