Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Mike Ryan
This week on My Angular Story, Charles speaks with Mike Ryan. Mike is a software engineer at Synapse in Alabama and works as a tech lead there. He first got into programming when his family stayed with an uncle during a hurricane as a child and was sent home with parts to build his first computer. This really kicked off his interest in programming and problem-solving. He then created websites to help pay for some of his living costs when in college, and this is what led him to discovering Angular JS.
In particular, We dive pretty deep on:
- Mike intro
- How did you first get into programming?
- Interest in problem solving
- Linux user group
- Multi-month process to build this computer with the help of his community
- Linux and Basic
- How did you get into Angular?
- Pay off school by creating websites
- Grew into a free-lancing business
- HTML and CSS
- Angular JS version 1
- Why did Angular appeal to you?
- Likes being able to build interactive applications
- How did you get into doing ngRx
- Building games in Angular JS and Angular
- Army game studio
- Elm and Redux
- Building Redux for Angular turned into ngRx
- What challenges did you run into when building it?
- Inclusiveness of Angular community
- Are there other things that you are proud of?
- NgForward and NgUpgrade
- What are you working on now?
- The future of ngRx
- And much, much more!
- Being involved in the political experience
- Risk Legacy