MAS 034: Kim Maida
Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Kim Maida
This week on My Angular Story, Charles speaks with Kim Maida. Kim is a technical content lead at Auth0, and her job is to oversee the team that writes content for their blog. She first got into programming when she learned HTML at a summer camp when she was 12. She fell in love with it and discovered that she wanted to create websites. They talk about her journey into the programming world, her introduction to Angular, and what she is working on now.
In particular, We dive pretty deep on:
- Kim intro
- Her personal specialty is Angular
- How did you first get into programming?
- Learned HTML at a summer camp when she was 12 years old
- Creating websites and forums
- Digital art
- Freelance with WordPress
- Never thought about programming as a career originally
- Studied science in college
- Web designer and front-end developer for the college
- Got a job as a front-end developer before graduating
- There are many different ways to get into the field
- How did you wind up doing Angular?
- Angular JS
- How did you get introduced to Auth0?
- What are you working on now?
- Recently gotten back into management
- ng conf, AngularUP, and AngularMix
- What are you most proud of contributing?
- And much, much more!
- Angular JS
- ng conf
- ng Girls
- Kim’s GitHub
- Alyssa Nicoll Fundraiser
- Altered Carbon