Charles Max Wood
Guest: Kitson Kelly
Kitson talks about his journey as a developer. First, sparking his interest with old Atari games and getting his first computer in his early years. Kitson talks about his education background and introduction to computers in high school and hang out with other in the same programming niche. Kitson talks about his challenges not having a degree in computer science, but still very successful as a developer after climbing the corporate latter.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Atari Games and old first computer
- Hangout with the computer nerds
- Community college
- No actual formal computer science degree
- Tech Support and Self Taught
- Challenges with not degree
- Climbing the latter
- Troubles even with a degree
- Is a degree in computer science really needed?
- Experience verses degree
- Working with other people is important
- How do you get to being CTO and SitePen?
- What are you most proud of with the work on Dojo
- Side Projects – Dojo 2
- and much, much more!