MJS 062: Zachary Kessin
Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Zachary Kessin
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Zach intro
- Elm and Erlang
- How did you first get into programming?
- Mother was writing Lisp when he was a kid
- RadioShack color computer
- Mother taught him Basic
- Pascal and AP Computer Science
- Studied CS originally in college and then switches to Physics
- First web app written in Pearl 4
- Did PHP for a living for a while and hated it
- Elm saves him time and effort
- What was it that made you want to program from a young age?
- Don’t be afraid to jump into programming at a late age
- Elm error messages
- Writes fewer tests in Elm code that JS code
- What are you most proud of?
- Loves mentoring
- Making a difference in the community
- It’s not just about the code, it’s about the people
- What are you doing now?
- And much, much more!
- Programming HTML5 Applications
- Building Web Applications with Erlang
- Zach’s GitHub
- Zach’s YouTube
- Zach’s LinkedIn
- If you like a book, tell the author!
- How to Get a Meeting with Anyone by Stu Heinecke
- 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed by Eric Cline