Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Lizzie Siegle
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Lizzie intro
- Computer Science Major
- Works at Twilio
- Greg Baugues was her assigned mentor this past summer
- How did you first get into programming?
- Grew up in Silicon Valley
- Hated STEM growing up
- Was inspired at a one day all girls coding camp at Stanford
- Loves being able to be creative with code
- What was the coding camp like?
- Camp was for high-schoolers
- HTML and CSS
- What was it that got you interested in code?
- Seeing the application of code in the real world
- Works also in Python, Swift, and Haskell
- Loves how versatile JS is
- Why developer evangelism?
- Internship at PubNub
- Loves being able to teach others as an evangelist
- What are you working on currently?
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
- And much, much more!
- Her newsletter
- Lizzie’s Website
- Lizzie’s GitHub
- The importance of a mentor or a sponsor