Charles Max Wood
Guest: Reuven Lerner
This week on My Ruby Story, Charles speaks with Reuven Lerner, Reuven was a guest on Ruby Rouges Episode 260 and is a regular panelist on The Freelancer Show on the Dev Chat TV network. Reuven talks about his background in Ruby development, from programming on an Atari to discovering computer science in his college years. Reuven mentions getting a bachelors in programming and eventually getting a Ph.D. in education/learning sciences. Reuven talks about doing consulting and his entrepreneurial journey as a programmer. Lastly, Reuven shares his contributions with Ruby and current training projects.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- How did you get introduced to programming?
- Atari game console and programming cartridge
- Programming class at computer store at the age of 8
- Discover programming in college
- Educational background from Bachelors to PhD
- Education and education in programming
- Being a little better than the rest
- Time Warner
- How did you get into Ruby? Thesis
- What have you done with Ruby
- Book Buy Back program
- What are you working on now? Training, coursed and products
- Weekly Python exercise
- Ruby on Rails, Big Data,…Etc.
- Python talk
- and much, much more!