Joe Leo joins Charles Max Wood on this week's My Ruby Story. Joe is the Founder and CEO of the agile software consultancy, Def Method. He shares his journey as a developer. Joe was tutored by his uncle and learned how to code in Basic on a command line. He wanted to be in the music industry and liked math.
Joe is currently working on holistic product development and is delving into areas such as what makes a good product manager and what makes a good product design. Charles and Joe talk about difficulties in quantifying good product management skills or writing tests and other non-coding aspects that surround making a product.
Host: Charles Max Wood
Joined by Special Guest: Joe Leo
- Sentry use the code “devchat” for 2 months free on Sentry small plan
- React Native Radio
- My Angular Story
- RR 423: The Well-Grounded Rubyist with David A. Black & Joseph Leo III
- The Well-Grounded Rubyist: Covers Ruby 1.9.1 by David A. Black and by III Joseph Leo (Author)
- Joe's LinkedIn
- Def Method
Charles Max Wood
- Sign Up on Devchat.tv for our weekly episode round-up
- How to Stay Current in Technology Effectively in 2019
- All In by by Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton
- For Men Only by Shaunti Feldhahn, Jeff Feldhahn