React Native Radio | Episode 88
Guests: Dave Sibiski, Lee Johnson of G2i & Mike Grabowski of Callstack
In today’s show, the React Native panelist spend with Dave and Lee of G2i about how to get a job or a contract as a freelancer working in React or React Native, and working as a developer in general. G2i is a company that vets talent and find contracts and full-time placement with a focus on developers in React and React Native. Lee describes the process for applicants as they are tested and profiled for specific jobs in their React are React Native field.
Topics and Questions discussed:
- What is your typical customer?
- Do you work with companies that are looking for full time developers?
- Contrator or Full Time?
- Being a craftsman
- What have people valuable when looking for a job?
- What are the trade off of a full time job and being a consultant?
- Hourly rates
- Selling your product
- Taking rates to the next level
- Products to production
- Stack overflow and finding answers
- If you could any give advice to those who interview with you, what would that be?
- And much more!
- “You have to know the past to know the present” – Quote