- Charles Max Wood
- Nader Dabit
- Cory House
Special Guests: Juho Vepsäläinen
In this episode of React Round Up, the panel discusses Webpack the good parts with Juho Vepsäläinen. He talks a lot about the book he has written on Webpack, which helps people understand Webpack and how to work with it. They also discuss the advantages to using Webpack and discuss how you can use it in your coding to your benefit.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- For 10% off, use “Juho” to sign up for React Dev Summit
- What is Webpack?
- Juho’s Webpack book: SurviveJS
- How can someone get into learning about Webpack if they’re not from a React background?
- It’s all about the contents behind Webpack
- How popular is Webpack and how large is it?
- You don’t need to read all 400 pages of his book
- Is there a certain way to write with Webpack?
- You can learn things as you go with Webpack
- How to approach code using Webpack
- How new updates with change the philosophy behind Webpack
- It’s good for Webpack to have pressure from the outside
- There is no reason to use a newer tool if it already works in an older tool
- Are there particular plug-ins that you use in Webpack that you really like?
- HTML plug-in
- React Native
- Interesting Webpack project uses
- Juho’s GitHub
- Decreasing need to be a Webpacker expert
- And much, much more!
- React Dev Summit
- View on Vue Podcast
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- Scott Beebe
- React blogpost
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline