- Nader Dabit
- Sia Karamalegos
Special Guests: Tanmai Gopal
In this episode, the React Round Up panelists talk to Tanmai Gopal. Tanmai is the founder at Hasura, where they have been building a GraphQL tooling that helps accelerate being able to use GraphQL for app developers. They talk about what Hasura is and what inspired him to build it, what Haskell does to Postgres, and query variables in GraphQL. They also touch on the importance of being aware of the database, how authorization works, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Tanmai intro
- Founder of Hasura
- Has been building applications for about a decade
- Focus on functional programming
- How did you get into React?
- Using Redux and GaphQL
- How long has Hasura been around?
- What inspired you to build Hasura?
- Eliminating the middle layer
- The elevator pitch of Hasura
- Do you offer a database as a service?
- Slightly different than writing your own resolvers
- What Haskell does to Postgres
- Query variables in GraphQL
- Prepared statements in Postgres
- Making queries from aps
- GraphQL ORM for apps
- Being aware of the database
- How does authorization work?
- PostGraphile, Prisma, and Hasura
- How do PostGraphile and Prisma compare to Hasura?
- And much, much more!
- Tanmai’s Blog
- Tanmai’s GitHub
- Building a new tool