RRU 026: Building React Applications in a Monorepo with Luis Vieira
- Charles Max Wood
- Nader Dabit
- Lucas Reis
Special Guests: Luis Vieira
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Luis intro
- Front-end architect at FarFetch
- Rationale behind his article
- Dividing a project in multiple packages
- Sharing components between multiple applications
- Editing shared components
- Working in a monorepo
- Simplifies managing between different projects
- Requires more tooling
- What is Lerna?
- If you put multiple packages in one repo, how do you deal with things like the Git history getting mixed up?
- How does Semantic Versioning interplay with monorepos?
- What if you’re not using Semantic Versioning?
- Using the conventional commit
- How is the state of CI tooling regarded?
- He is currently more focused on React
- What he is experimenting with currently
- Building monolithic apps
- Monolithic aps VS monorepo
- Nrwl Nx
- And much, much more!
- “Building large scale react applications in a monorepo”
- Semantic Versioning
- Nrwl Nx
- Luis’s Medium
- Luis’s Newsletter
- Take some time off
- Take a step back to reevaluate
- Free workshop with Tyler McGinnis to come soon. Keep an eye out at Nader’s Twitter or Tyler’s Newsletter
- React Native EU