RRU 054: GraphQL and React - Even Better together with Chris Toomey
- Lucas Reis
- Justin Bennett
- Charles Max Wood Joined by special guests: Chris Toomey
In this episode of React Round Up, Chris Toomey introduces himself, talks about his work and his podcast and moves on to explaining the differences between a React vs GraphQL centric application. Justin explains in detail how the Relay framework works, and Chris describes the scenarios where GraphQL stands out in the process of building an application and also throws some light on the benefits of choosing it over other APIs such as REST. The panel then discusses how GraphQL is advantageous in the documentation context since it has a good schema, and also in data modeling. Chris shares some past examples of creating React applications where GraphQL and Apollo made things much simpler, and also elaborates on the trade-offs and challenges associated with it.
- The Bike Shed
- Chris Toomey: React & GraphQL – Bringing Simplicity to Client-Side Development / React Boston 2018
- Chris’s Twitter
- The Past, Present, and Future of GraphQL Native - Nick Schrock @ GraphQL Europe
- Where art thou, my error?
- Auto by Intuit on GitHub Lucas Reis:
- MDX Deck library
- Code Surfer library Charles Max Wood:
- Google Docs Chris Toomey:
- Tell me when it closes