049 RR Agile Communication with Angela Harms
01:09 - Angela Harms Introduction
- Lean Dog
- [Confreaks] Angela Harms: Does Pair Programming Have to Suck?
- Agile Software Development 05:00 - Programming & Communication 08:51 - Discovering / Describing Agile
- XP Explained by Kent Beck
- Ron Jeffries
- Uncle Bob Martin
- Adapt / Open-Heartedness/ Constant Improvement 13:26 - e-prime (Agile) Communication
- Not using ‘is’ or ‘to be’
- Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis
- Non-Violent Communication
- “I” Statements
- Duchenne Smile
- Authentic Happiness 22:23 - Pair Programming Talks @ Ruby Midwest / Mountain West
- Confident Humility
- Get Your Ego in Check
- Benevolent Pairing
- What if You're Zoning Uut? You're Lost!
- Mindfulness / Zen
- Change the Coder to Change the Code 28:08 - Collaboration
- "If you're working on your own, the best you can come up with is the best you can do."
- Don't Worry About Being Right 29:50 - People over Process
- Improve Programmers to Improve Work to Eliminate Processes
- Pema Chodron
- Embracing Reality 35:50 - Angela as an "Unschooler"
- Be a Lifelong Learner 42:56 - Big Design Up Front (Waterfall) vs Agile 44:06 - “A lot of these processes are there to protect people from having to be accountable or responsible for failure, not to create success."