065 RR Functional vs Object Oriented Programming with Michael Feathers
- Tell Above, and Ask Below - Hybridizing OO and Functional Design 5:12 - Synchronous vs. Asynchronous 6:55 - Actor model
- Large Functional System 14:29 - Establishing a Bounded Context 16:35 - Information Hiding and Effect Hiding
- Scala 24:47 - "A car with four-wheel independent steering isn't more effective in any way."
- Self Language 28:44 - Accidental Complexity
- Decoupling 34:26 - Protocols to Patterns 37:03 - Adaptor Pattern38:48 - Bit Blit
- Method Lookup 41:33 - Where does OO and FP intersect at a functional level?
We are reading Growing Object Oriented Software Guided by Tests and we will review with the author on August 22nd!