093 RR Security Exploits with Patrick McKenzie
01:32 - Patrick McKenzie Introduction
- Hacker News 02:03 - Security in Rails
Ruby on Rails: Security (Google Group) 09:12 - Why are there so many security issues right now?
- White Hat and Black Hat Security Researchers 12:35 - Vulnerabilities and Exploits
- Zero-Day Exploit
- Patch Day 15:38 - Security Responses
What happened to RubyGems
- 059 RR - Security with Rein Henrichs 22:49 - Knowing you’ve been compromised
Re imaging with source
Backup strategies 28:00 - YAML33:50 - Mindset of Hackers and Security Researchers 36:13 - Enabling features and disabling default features
- Tweets from Peter Cooper 1, 2, 3
- XML 50:46 - Safer coding practices
- The Tangled Web: A Guide to Securing Modern Web Applications by Michal Zalewski
- OWASP Top Ten Project 01:03:18 - Security Monitor by Code Climate
Discount code for Ruby Rogues listeners: RRSEC13
Includes early access to Security Monitor and 50% discount off your first three months.
Expires March 6th
Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture by Martin Fowler: Read along with us! We will be discussing the book with Martin himself and the episode will air on Wednesday, March 20th, 2013.
Robust Ruby with Ara T. Howard