187 Marketing Yourself as a Software Developer with John Sonmez
02:42 - John Sonmez Introduction
- Simple Programmer
- Soft Skills: The Software Developer's Life Manual by John Sonmez
- How to Market Yourself as a Software Developer
- Get Up and CODE! Podcast
- The Entreprogrammers Podcast
- JS Remote Conf
05:12 - The Idea of Marketing
- Giving Value
- Give Away 90% / Sell 10%
07:03 - Do Software Devs Need to Market Themselves?
09:05 - Is it Possible to Not Market Yourself as a Software Developer?
- Google Your Name
10:52 - Marketing as a Freelancer
- Ways to Market Yourself
- Speaking at Conferences
- Talking on Podcasts
- Attending Meetups
- David Brady: The Job Replacement Guide
19:44 - Nailing Interviews & Getting Personal Referrals
- Write Meaningful Comments on Others’ Blogs
- Learn People Skills
23:31 - Taking Time to Market Yourself
- Niche / Specialty
- “Learn Out Loud”
29:24 - Can Marketing Benefit Just Anybody?
34:48 - Marketing Without Writing
- Pat Flynn
- “Be Everywhere”
37:53 - Getting Noticed by People Outside the Field
45:45 - What Would Happen if Everybody Did It?
- Go to devcareerboost.com and use the code RUBYROGUES to get $100 off John’s How to Market Yourself as a Software Developer course!
- Comment on this blog post with three things you are going to do within the next month to market yourself as a software developer to win one of three autographed copies of John’s book, Soft Skills: The Software Developer's Life Manual.