Charles Max Wood
Guest: Michael DiBernardo
This week on My Ruby Story, Charles speaks with Michael DiBernardo. Michael is a return guest, previously on Ruby Rogues Episode 256. Micheal talks about his journey into programming via building a PC with an uncle and learning about programming games. Micheal mentions teaching programming at a university and learned that most students interests in programming began with gaming. Micheal continues to talks about the many different paths in his development career, including teaching and going back to college to learn other programming languages.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- How did you get introduced to programming?
- Flags, bit flip.
- Building complex games
- Web Development
- Mindset to approaching problems with gaming
- Have you worked in Rudy extensively
- How do you wind up picking a language?
- When back to College to learn other languages
- Communities and languages
- What do you like about the communities you’ve been in?
- Going to events – new and old Microsoft
- What are you doing with Python these days?
- VIP of Engineering
- Book writing for 2018
- When started this project, how do you approach it?
- and much, much more!