Charles Max Wood
Guest: Cameron Dutro
This week on My Ruby Story, Charles speaks with Cameron Dutro. Cameron is a return guest from Ruby Rogues. Currently, Cameron works at Lumosity, a company that creates brain games & brain training application for web and mobile. Cameron mention working on the platform team working with internationalization.
Cameron talks about his journey into programming, starting at the age of 4 and being fascinated an IBM 85XT computer and flight simulator games. Cameron describes is early interactions with programming in elementary and high school. Then moving into a professional field after college at Twitter and eventually at Lumosity. Cameron talks about his next projects and his contributions to the Ruby community.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- How did you get introduced to programming?
- At the age of 4, Cameron was fascinated with computers and games
- In elementary started writing games with Basic and Visual Basic 6
- Wrote a prank program
- In high school moved to C# and.Net
- Windows and PC
- Got a computer science degree
- Work at Flutter and Twitter
- Then joined Lumosity
- 2011 – Twitter as a startup
- Ruby Projects
- Ruby Gem – Arrow Helpers
- Turbo Sprocket Rails 4
- Games at Lumosity
- What are you working on these days?
- Password and Login app
- Pron PDF – TTFunk
- Masters in Computer Science in the works
- Should I get a degree? Advantages? – NO
- Getting a job in tech?
- When you might need a degree – AI, Machine Learning
- and much, much more!
- Recording interviews with speakers at conferences
- Sponsorship for conferences
- Video Recording Kit
- Zoom H6