Allison is a developer in the Washington DC area. She is a non-profit executive turned developer. She helps organize the RubyConf and RailsConf Scholar Program. She organizes a local meetup call Silver Spring Ruby. She works at Collective Idea.
The Rogues talk to Allison about being a mom in coding and work-life balance. They also talk about transitioning from non-profits to coding.
This episode goes into depth on:
- Prioritizing your family and still having a great career
- Goal setting, focus, and growth
- Team collaboration
- Contributing to open source
- and much, much more...
- Delayed Job
- Allison's Blog
- Baby Driven Development talk
- Rails Girls
- Ruby Dev Summit
- Interactor Gem
- Leah Silber from Tilde tweet
- Tilde article on Baby at Work
- Mother Coders
- Allison on Twitter