Ruby Rogues speaks with Marc-André Cournoyer, whose most notable works were the Thin Web Server, Tiny RB Ruby implementation, and a book called “Create your own Programming Language,” responsible for the creation of Coffee Script. Also, he has done some with Rack 2 and creates some of the initial Rack Adapters.
The discussion covered in this episode are about learning machine learning. How do you learn it in Ruby? The basics of machine learning and the best practices to become more competent in machine learning. Also, some diving into hardware, training, for getting the job done.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- How to Learn Machine Learning?
- Important hardware components: GPU, RAM, etc.
- Algorithms that are doing once impossible things
- Building a machine learning system for different kind of tasks or applications
- Decide on a side project and completing a side project